Dos and Donts before/after your massage day
Massage is a way of connecting with yourself. It promotes health and wellness. Hence, whenever you receive a massage, you should try to make the most out of it.
Firstly, you must choose the massage therapy which is best suited according to your body condition. If you choose the right massage, you will witness the impact as expected. So, you should talk to your therapist about different massage options and take his/her assistance to choose the right one for your body.
Though massage is very beneficial, it can turn out to be opposite if you are careless and don’t know what you should follow and you should avoid on massage day. Hence, you should keep a few things in your mind before, during and after getting a massage.
Here, in this article, we will tell you a few things you should do and avoid before, during and after the massage to get most out of it.
Things to avoid before the massage
- Avoid eating a heavy meal– Eating heavy meals before a massage can make you uncomfortable during your session. Try to eat very light and healthy food before the massage.
- Don’t consume caffeine- Try to avoid the consumption of caffeine because it can make you jittery. It won’t let you fully relax during the massage session.
- Don’t workout- Try to avoid doing a workout just before the massage as it tightens the muscles and therapists find it hard to provide you relaxation.
- Don’t shave- Avoid shaving before your massage as it will lead to discomfort when you lie down.
Things to do before the massage
- Spend some time in the jacuzzi tub- Spend some time in your jacuzzi tub with warm water. It will help you to warm your body and provide relaxation.
- Shower before massage- Take a shower before going for massage. Shower opens the pores of the skin and enables detoxification.
- Do stretching- Do little stretching before going for a massage to make your muscles massage ready.
- Drink lots of water- Consume plenty of water before the massage because if you are dehydrated, you can feel nausea or lightheadedness during treatment
- Use restroom- Empty your bladder first, else it will create unnecessary interruption during massage treatment.
Things to do during the Massage
- Do Unplug- Unplug from all the devices during the time of massage like phones, tablets, etc. This will enable you to be mindful during massage.
- Get Comfortable-Undress according to your comfort level. This way you can be more relaxed.
- Be expressive- Speak to the therapist if the massage pressure is too hard or too low.
- Follow up-If you are taking treatment for a certain issue, follow up with your massage therapist so that you can heal early.
Things to avoid and Do After the massage
- Eat light- After getting a massage, eat light snacks as it can increase your blood sugar.
- Go for steam- After taking a massage treatment, take steam. The steam opens pores and eliminates the toxins from your body, which may have been produced by your sweat. The ideal time duration to take steam is fifteen to twenty minutes
- Drink plenty of water- After getting the massage treatment, drink more and more water. Drinking water releases toxins and Lactic acid from your body, which are increased during the massage treatment
- Avoid exercise- After getting your massage treatment done, don’t exercise or do anything like that as it can make you lightheaded.
- Soak yourself- 20 minutes of soaking with magnesium Epsom salt can also release the toxins from your body.
So, these were some dos and don ts before, during and after the massage. Are you craving for a session of massage? If so, you can book an in-home massage with Souls and enjoy a massage at home. Next, our therapists will visit your place with all the equipment and deliver a soulful session. Book your massage today and start your journey of relaxation!