Asthma results from an obstruction of respiratory track.
It is a chronic condition in which airways got thickened by inflammation, which tighten and narrowed the muscles which caused constrict airways also makes breathing difficult.
It can become a major hindrance in day-to-day activities with a fear of asthma attack.
Many people need to take medicines every day to prevent from asthma attack
Asthma can be cured by Acupressure and Acupuncture also symptoms can be controlled. It’s important that one should not ignore it and track proper signs and symptoms. It’s a natural way of healing our mechanism of lungs without any medicine.
Let’s try to know our Lungs and Breathing Process–
The respiratory system enables oxygen to enter the body and release carbon dioxide from the body.
The respiratory system has an inbuilt defense system to protect it from toxic particles (like dirt, ash, smoke etc.)
Defense Mechanism of Lungs
- One important defense system is the Cilia.
- There is another defense system inside lungs where gas exchange takes place.
- When there is serious threat to lungs, WBC (white blood cells) such as neutrophils in the circulation get ready to fight.
These are the 1st line of defense.
What Happens when we Breath?
- Air is inhaled through nose, where large impurities in air are filtered
- Further air moves to Trachea (wind pipe) which takes air from nose to bronchi
- From Trachea, air goes to smaller pipes called bronchi. Bronchi are division of air tubes which goes from wind pipe to lungs.
- From bronchi the air goes to even smaller tubes called bronchioles
- From bronchioles the air goes to alveoli. Alveolies are network of lacs of microscopic air sacs
- Alveolies are surrounded by Blood capillaries
- Oxygen passes through the alveoli to the blood capillaries. In exchange the Carbon dioxide leaves the blood & goes to alveoli
- The oxygen rich blood travels to the left side of heart via pulmonary vein for distribution in the whole body
Diseases which affect lungs & airways are called lungs and pulmonary diseases.
The first indication that one has asthma is not the asthma attack, it gradually reaches to that extended level with long term suffering of its symptoms.
Asthma symptoms occur when the lining of your airways inflamed and muscles around them tighten, Mucus filles the airways and which reduce the amount of air inhaled.
The person with asthma may experience –
- Breathlessness or dyspnea
- Trigger Coughing
- Tightness of Chest
- Difficult talking and walking much
- Increased mucous production
- Standing or uplift the pillow while Sleeping
- Allergic to smells, pollution, fume, smoke, pets
- Stridor ( A crowing sound when breathing is called stridor)
- Coughing up of blood (hemoptysis)
- Cyanosis (Bluish coloration of skin due to lack of oxygen)
- For some people asthma triggers up in certain situation-
- Exercise included asthma -It is caused by shortness of breath. It is by narrowing of airways in the lungs by exercise.
- Allergic Included asthma – Triggers by smells, dust, pollution, fume, smoke, saliva of pets
- Occupational Asthma-Triggers by chemicals smells-its fumes
Causes of Asthma
There are few causes which plays significant role
- History of Viral Infection
- Due to overstrain leading to infection of Lungs
- Due to emotional disturbance
- Cigarette smoking damages lungs and later causes asthma
- Hygiene Hypothesis
- Asthma is a violent oppression of breathing
According to Acupuncture studies, Over intake of cold, sour, fatty food causes spleen deficiency and causes more mucus, which obstruct in Lungs .
Types of Asthma
Asthma can occur in many different ways and for many different reasons, but triggers are often the same.
Few Types are discussed below-
Allergic Asthma-Asthma due to Allergens, due to dust, pollutants, allergy from any smell.
Bronchial Asthma -An attack of breathlessness associated with bronchial obstruction or muscular contraction.
Bronchial asthma is caused by spasm of the air passages of the lungs and may arise from allergy, infection or emotional efforts.
Cardiac Asthma-A dyspnea (breathlessness) due to heart disease is called cardiac asthma. It increases or triggers due to exertion & step up stairs .
Dyspeptic Asthma– Asthma due to poor digestion & nervous reflexes through the vagus is called dyspeptic asthma.
(Vagus nerve is responsible for regulation of internal organ function, such as
digestion, heart rate, respiratory rate and vasomotor activity and reflex
actions such as coughing, sneezing, swallowing.
In this type of asthma, Production of mucous increases with coughing.
Renal Asthma–An Asthma which accompanying Bright’s disease.
In Bright’s disease there is inflammation of Kidney with a tendency to
According to Acupressure and Acupuncture, in this type of Asthma we treat
Kidney and Lungs both to get it rectify from root cause. Acupuncture has its accurate treatment to cure it.
Audible Panting– Panting with sound
Rattling In throat–Rattling noise in bronchi with slowed down respiration
Rattling sound in Lungs with accelerated & hectic respiration and seizure of cough
Both the Rattling are diagnosed due to different reason and have different diagnose.
Asthma vs COPD
Asthma and Chronic obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) are commonly mistaken for one another. They result in similar symptoms including Wheezing, coughing and breathing trouble.
COPD is a progressive respiratory disease that include chronic bronchitis and emphysema. It is a group of chronic inflammatory lung disease that causes obstructed airflow from the Lung.
It is developed by smoking. In developed countries it is caused by exposure to fumes from burning fuel for cooking and heating. Smoking and smoke irritates the lungs and leads to lose the natural elasticity of air sacs. Which leaves air trapped in lungs when one exhale.
A closer look at several factors can help you find the difference between two.
Even after long term medication, asthma symptoms sometimes flareup and they rescue inhaler immediately which has drug inside, which quicky relax the tighten muscles around airways so air can flow in and out of Lungs easily.
Breathing exercises can help one get more air in lungs. Over the time this may help increase Lung’s mechanism and function.
Acupuncture and Acupressure can be used to get rid of its symptoms permanently.
Through the help of Acupuncture and Acupressure treatment emergency tool of asthma inhaler (pump) can be removed permanently.
A healthy practice can change your Life. Experience inhaler free Life with Acupressure and Acupuncture.